15 February 2011

First Things First (well, kind of...)

Turns out, "most" college students have had some need for a passport in their lives, and I wasn't one of them! When I realized I was one of very few students who didn’t have a passport, I immediately started freaking out because everyone told me they take FOREVER to obtain. If there’s anyone else out there who didn’t travel when they were younger, rest assured, you’ll get your passport in time. Although today it’s best to just..have one, if you happen to find yourself in a position like I was, go check out http://travel.state.gov and you’ll find that routine processing times are only about 4-6 weeks but if you need it rushed to you, they can do it in as little as two weeks (with a little higher price tag).
Second things second. You need a visa to travel abroad and I had no idea what “getting a visa” entailed. Who knew it wasn’t an actual physical document you needed to carry with you? I certainly didn’t. Each country has their own requirements for a visa, and it’s as simple as applying online with a Certificate of Enrollment and getting an e-mail confirmation that your visa has (hopefully) been granted. Technology is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment